View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 19:05

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 254/218/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Mixed Bag

I'm not going to be quite as harsh as some of you.

I think he *is* prmoting his book hard which may be in part due to the various deals with the publisher and Oprah's production company. I think he really believes in what he's doing and sells hard in support of it.

I watched this show today (I guess it was preempted yesterday in Calif due to earthquake coverage) and was annoyed to. Once again, its so amazing that folks disparage LC as dangerous and then go on to describe a more healthy diet that is remarkably similar to most LC maintenance diets.

I also thought it notable that every LC plan I know of specifically addresses the issues of dehydration, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, etc.

I wasn't expecting DrPhil to come out pitch Atkins or CAD, but I wish more of these folks would be more accurate about LC plans.

I also would like to implore all you LC veterans...whenever some ask you about LC or you offer your inisght...to put at the top of the list the importance of following a proven LC plan and all of its components including proper hydration and supplementation. Even I see/know too many who just do "Cold Turkey No Carb" program for awhile. This IS dangerous, especially at this time of year when more people are starting new diets and looking for quick fixes.