Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 13:45
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operaghost
When I saw this on TV last night I looked at my wife and just said to her "this is going to be an hour-long infomercial".

That's all it was too. Dr Phil is schilling a product, his book and diet products. He is not objective on this subject, he is a salesman disguised as a self-help guru. He is also doing a dis-service to his own image. Sadly, with his exposure, his words will get across and we will only see more LC ignorance/resistance.

In the very little I have seen of his plan it certainly seems that he is also pushing mostly low carb foods without calling his plan low carb. I guess that way his plan isn't part of the "fad".

Unlike some other comments, I would bet money he HAS read DANDR. If you are selling a product you had better know your competition's strengths and weaknesses. But he can't sell his products if he tells the truth about Atkins. In the end though his comments are as biased as those made by Fergie on Larry King.

As far as the emotional reasons behind eating and overeating, I think he has the right ideas. But those ideas could be applied to any plan and that should have been the path he took. But too late for that now.

OG

I agree with everything else you have said as well. Dr. Phil is doing the trendy thing by eliminating both refined carbs and fat... this way the plan appeals to everyones sensibilities. He is trying to make the diet attractive to everyone, because he wants CASH.

Sorry, but a no fat and no carb diet doesn't sound attractive or livable to me... sounds like this is a diet in the sense that you go on it and get off it when you're done. Not that he cares of course, just as long as he gets your money.

I can gaurentee you he and his people know everything about the "competition"... they know the strengths and weaknesses of each diet plan and are attacking them with propaganda and out right lies.

The instant people figure out dr. phil is first and foremost a salesman and not a friend, not a dr, not a lovable guy whos on oprah, the better off everyone will be.