Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 13:38
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operaghost
Dr Phil is schilling a product, his book and diet products. He is not objective on this subject, he is a salesman disguised as a self-help guru. OG

Exactly..."salesman disguised as a self-help guru" describes him completely.

It always upsets me when I hear people say they like Dr. Phil and his advice... as if he were a real psychiatrist or someone actually trying to help people. Dr. Phil is only interested in helping a few people: those he has financial interests in.

If Dr. Phil really were interested in helping others, he wouldn't be trying to scare people into buying his products. He would recognize the fact some people make low carb work for them, with great success (as I'm sure he's aware) and would encourage other "diet" failures to try it. However, he is not interested in helping people keep weight off. He is only interested in padding his pockets. He could care less if some 400 pound person finds atkins and it works for them, all he cares about is if that 400 pound person is buying Dr. Phil weight loss shakes or not.

Sorry, but I really really hate Dr. Phil. He uses the most insideous of advertising propaganda... the kind that is masked under a false veil of medical authority. He is almost as bad as PCRM, both their tactics are the same. In fact Dr. Phil might even be worse, as he also pretends to be an understanding friend in addition to a Dr. only looking out for your best interests. At least PCRM just pretend to be dr.s and leave it at that....