Thread: Vacation Fears
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 20:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

One thing I've noticed about eating out in restaurants is that I'll know when even a tiny bit of sugar is used to prepare something. I posted this somewhere else a few weeks ago, but it applies here so here goes. I ordered steamed brocoli with my prime rib and it tasted SO sweet! I asked the waiter to go ask the cook if it had any sugar in it...he came back and said yes, they use a small amount of brown sugar with butter when steaming it. I told him I couldn't eat sugar....He then asked if I wanted rice instead (lol) .. I said no, that's okay I just won't eat it. A few minutes later, the manager shows up and insists that he take my brocolli back to the kitchen and have the chef steam some fresh with just butter and no sugar.

I thought that was really cool of them to go through that much trouble to make sure I was happy. I guess the point is...ASK what is in stuff if you're not sure. If you even think you taste something sweet, have them go ask the cook. (Don't take the waiter's word for it, they'll fudge an answer often if they don't really know) . You'll be amazed at how your sweet taste buds work now!