View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 09:10

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Sydnarella: Just be patient and stick with it. Our stats are somewhat similar, although you are two inches taller than me. I started Atkins in July 2002, and lost 18 pounds in four months, my weight loss then stalled for five months! Talk about frustration and lots of tweaking, but nothing seemed to work.

I ended up going back to "Induction-level" carbs (mind you, I didn't say Induction), made sure my fat % was up in the 70s, drank lots more water than I had been drinking, established a light weight-lifting regimen. I even contemplated binging on good carbs and even outright binging.

At the end of my five-month stall was my daughter's birthday. I was so frustrated that I resigned myself to eating chocolate cake and pizza at her party. Well, the morning of her party, I awoke to a two pound whoosh (guess all my modifications in the second paragraph finally paid off)! Needless to say, no pizza and cake for me. It took me four more months to lose the last seven pounds. Oh it has been slow going, but I was in no real hurry, seeing as this is a WOL now. Good luck on your LC journey!!!