View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 08:46

Plan: Atkins/own
Stats: 352/330/250 Male 72
BF:
Progress:

I have been making this stuff for my breakfasts as I am usually in a rush and don't have time to cook eggs, so I pre-bake one of these and have it cold. The only problem is I am lucky to get 2 breakfasts out of one quiche because my family loves it too and it is nearly all gone by the time I get home from work. I will have to start hiding it in the vegetable crisper where my wife NEVER looks LOL!

I wanted to share with you all a bit of the experimentation I have been doing with the recipe and what I have hit on which is my current favourite. I found using 5 eggs and 300ml cream was just too soggy and a bit greasy, so I have added an extra egg or two and eased the cream back to 150-200 mls. Then I add about half a cup of grated parmesan and about 3/4 - 1 cup of tasty cheese, two chopped bacon rashers and about 250 grams of spinach, well drained. The stuff you get frozen in boxes from the supermarket is fine, as long as you defrost it and drain it well (or soak it on a paper towel).

Trust me this is delicious. I am sure I am not the only one to have thought of this, but I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it.