View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 09:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/199/135 Female 5,2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Low Carbing has already changed my Christmas, but I WAS (thank God it's in the past) addicted to sugar, but it causes me to rage and mood swing so bad...causes bipolar. So, I'm glad to be living in the land of "even" as far as my blood sugar levels are concerned...and to me Atkins is part of Christmas, because God blessed me by showing me "why" my body was doing what it was. I thought I was a bad, rotten, mean person...take sugar and hidden sugars out of the picture and I'm not that person anymore. My kids are on the LC path with me and I've noticed that they are nice to each other now, too.
We don't turn on the tv, except around 7:00pm...until the news and that makes for a wonderful day!
As far as Christmas this year...We are not making the "traditional" lay out of goodies. Each person has picked the favorite, and we will make just one batch...and quarter it for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day, and I'm sure the kids will "enjoy" their treats, but they have all learned to eat plenty of protein with any sweet...but I'm also putting out atkins candy bars and low carb cookies...and fruit, nuts, and meats and cheeses and a veggie and dip platter. Now that sounds good. I'm glad I'm not craving sweets and I've been ready for this change...I've FINALLY found what works for me!
I've yo-yoed on every diet for the last ten years...I've lost and gained the same weight over and over.
In January of 2003 I weighed 211 lbs. and got down to 188 by April...then back up to 199 by July and from then had got down to about 192 where I stayed pretty much til November and had gotten back up to 202...thought I'd never see the number 200 again, but I did. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, but sneeked a peek and have lost 3 lbs. this week and want to just keep going. I'm in induction and plan to stay there holiday or no holiday...Christmas is about Jesus, not sugar! LOL
Anyways...this should have been a journal instead of an answer...it's ssoooo long! Merry Christmas!