#2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 08:49
Doctor Dirt

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Hi Drake!

The Angus Barn is probably VERY Atkins-friendly! I remember going there and having some wonderful sauteed broccoli with my steak. But I hear the Pan-Pan Diner has closed (true?) so you won't have that temptation anymore. I lived in Durham for 6 years while I was at Duke (GOOOOOOO Blue Devils!!! ) and you're right -- Southern cooking (though delicious) can be deadly!!

Atkins won't affect my Christmas shopping this year. DH and I decided a few years ago to add peace back into our Christmas -- we don't travel to see our families, don't spend money (except for gifts for the dogs), and we spend the day together surrounded by peace, harmony, and good cooking. Christmas has gone from a dreaded holiday to one I adore.

As for New Year's -- gosh, my New Year's Resolution has ALWAYS been to lose weight, for as long as I can remember! This year I will simply resolve to continue on the healthy path I have chosen. Another New Year's resolution will be to weigh what it SAYS I weigh on my driver's license by my birthday in April.

Jeannie