View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 08:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/170/170 Male 5'9" and some change
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Will Atkins Influence Your Christmas Shopping and New Years Resolution?

If someone told me at the first of the year that I would have been buying a treadmill for Christmas, I would have laughed in their face. I would have said I was gonna buy one of these flat screen televisions or a new computer. Atkins comes into my life and now I see a treadmill would benefit me more than anything else. The weather is starting to bite outside on my nightly walks and so the treadmill is the more practical choice. I know I am gonna get some ribbing from my friends but Santa doesn't bring me the cool toys at Christmas anymore. Far as my New Years Resolution, "I want to be in the best shape of my life." I have seen people on television many times say, "they were in the best shape of their lives." I would look at these people and wonder how could this be the best shape of their lives? But now, I can relate to them. Its not only about the outward appearance but also what kind of things they are putting inside their bodies. No more junk foods, soda pop, and the like but now lots of water, whole foods, and the right vitamins and supplements. Finally, a New Years Resolution that won't be just empty words for a change.

I have noticed there seems to be a lot of us here that are from North Carolina. It must be the Smithfield BBQ or the Angus Barn that did us in. I admit the buffets at Golden Corral and Pan Pan didn't help. The Chinese restuarants on every block played a role in it as well.

"Learn it, Know it, Live it" ....(Brad character portrayed by Judge Reinhold) in Fast Times at Ridgemont High movie. Words to live by for sure!!!
Sponsored Links