View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 11:16
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

As an "A" blood type, I'm supposed to be vegetarian, with soy and rice being "extremely beneficial". Hmmm ... I've done the vegetarian thing for over a year, with 6 months as strict vegan. I developed irritable bowel and intolerance to most grains, skin rashes, hypoglycemia and migraines .. and also hypothyroid most likely from excess soy foods (soy is a known goitrogen). Organic brown rice ... so "healthy" right?? .. drives me wild with cravings and uncontrolled binges because it's so high glycemic.

When I started to eat meat again, and real butter and eggs ... I felt so much better, more energy, improved skin, no more late afternoon hypoglycemic "crashes". That was even before I started LC'ing for weight loss .. I was still eating more carbs then, but simply adding back animal proteins and saturated fats made me feel better.

I agree with Kristine .. the theory that genes for blood type will dictate the foods we must eat for optimal health is a load o' hooey. Since humans have only been able to determind blood type until very recently in our history, according to D'Adamo's theory our species should've died out many generations ago due to eating all the wrong foods.

Doreen