View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 09:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/161.2/146 Female 5ft 6in
BF:yep, sure have !!
Progress: 82%
Default need some advice..... want to start running!!

Hi All

Well been on the low Carb WOl for 5 months now and its all going well and so far ive lost 53 1/2 lbs. I swim half a mile a day five days a week and that is really helping to tone up my body, however, for as long as I remember I have wanted to run. I havent got time to goto the gym, nor would it be easy to go out at night running ( I have a daughter), so I decided to take the plunge and treat myself to a treadmill.

Its arriving on Monday, and imreally looking forward to using it as Im so determined to teach myself to run - and thats where I need some advice !!

I truely can not even run around the block, in that respect im so unfit, I have spoken to some people I work with who run on a regular basis, and they assure me that I will be able to do it, it just may take some time. BUT(!) Im not sure how to structure/ build up my running, therefore im hoping that some of you may be able to give me some sound advice as to what I should be looking to do. Im interested in finding out about what speeds I should be looking at, how and when to use the inclnes ( the treadmill has automatic incline increase) and how many times I week I should be running ( or should I say walking in the early days!!!)

Would really appreciate some advice, although I bet your thinking I should have looked into this abit more before I bought one, but Im so determined to do this I couldnt wait!!

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas !!

Lisa x
Sponsored Links