View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 19:08

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Quest, I think what many folks need to learn is to accept themselves as they are. I don't mean to give up on getting a healthier, slimmer body, I mean just plain accept themselves. I am the same person now as I was when I only weighed 100 pounds and I am the same person I was when I weighed 193 pounds - my body was obviously larger at 193 than at 100, but that's not why I'm lcing. I'm lcing to get my body to optimum health. The weight loss is a plus for me. I refuse to accept other folks' opinions of the way I looked at any of the weights I have been. Even when people have made fun of me I have refused to let their opinion of me color my opinion of myself. I'm not perfect and I don't want to be. But I do like me. I'm a good person. I think lots of folks need to learn to accept that who they are inside doesn't change just because the outer package does.

We are all made in God's image and we are all beautiful no matter our color, our age, our height or our weight.

Quest - you are a beautiful person. Don't let anyone who doesn't like themselves and who has to pump up their own since of self by saying those things change the way you feel about yourself.

You have done wonderfully well losing 50 pounds. Congratulations!!

shortstuff