View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 17:45
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 235/135/130 Female 63 inches
BF:27
Progress: 95%

Well I thought I'd thrown my two cents in from another angle. As of this week, I am down 95 lbs and only 10 more to goal!

I can;t begin to tell you how much better I feel and how much my self esteem has improved, although I still have a problem seeing myself as a normal weight person.

When I started this journey, I was wearing a ladies size 22 and on a 5'3 inch frame that is pretty darn big. I knew I was overweight, but I was in denial as to the extent of it. Now that I am down to 140 and a size 8 I am still having a problem seeing myself as other see me. SOmetimes when I look in the mirror all I see is the imperfections.

As for things I have been able to accomplish so far:
1) I am going downhill skiing tomorrow for the first time in more than a decade!
2) I was able to hike for hours on end this summer
3) I was able to wear a two piece (tankini) swim suit this summer and fall without feeling terribly self conscious
4) I sat in a center airplane seat and flew across country without feeling like I was encrouching on my neighbor's space
5) Men stare at me now, but now I know it's not because I'm fat
6) I exercise 5 days per week with at least an hour of cardio each time - if someone would have told me I would be doing this I would have told them they're crazy!

The list could go on and on! Too many improvements to list!

Blessings to all on yor continued journey to a healthier you!
Barb