View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 16:46

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I've been giving some thought to this thread, which is why it took me so long to respond. I truly feel like I have a medical condition that was keeping me fat and it was finally diagnosed. For many years, I've pondered the "why me" question, when I could tell that I really wasn't eating more than other people. I tried to diet off and on and finally gave up years ago and just didn't worry about it.

I can remember discussing my daughter's weight with my mother and friends when she was 4 or 5 years old, saying to them that she is eating the same amounts of food as other kids. And she really was! At 3 years old she was bigger than the other kids, but didn't really eat more. Heck, I can remember telling her to eat the same things as this thin friend of hers and she'd get thin! She, of course, has my metabolism. Now we know that she was just eating the wrong foods.

I finally feel that I am going to be where I "ought" to have been when I was 10 or 12 years old! And it's just too bad I wasn't diagnosed way back then!

As far as how it will change me, I'm hoping I can let go of the blame. I've always felt I must be weaker than other people, that I must not have self control. Well, no more! It's truly NOT MY FAULT! And now, I will have to go through some of those feelings I should have gone through in puberty; being pretty and having guys look at you, wearing cool clothes for the first time, getting dolled up for a night out on the town. You know what I mean?

I think we are finally growing up and I look forward to it, even though it might be a bit scary!