#33   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 09:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYounginer
I just wanted to add this in. My mother grew up in the "twiggy" days... so even though she was probably 20 or 30 pounds overweight as a child, she was always considered to be fat. As she got older, and I came, she gained alot of weight. She stays around 270 now. About 7 years ago, she went to a weight loss center and lost it all. She was down to a beautiful size 12 and look fabulous. To celebrate, my dad went out and bought her a nice firebird sports car. After that, it was all differant. She was getting too much attention from men, some of it even scary at times. And about 6 months later I remember her saying that she didn't want to be thin. That she couldn't handle the attention that she was getting... but she was going to stick to her diet and stay healthy. Well, here it is 2004 and she's back up to 270... and happy, but as we all know not healthy.

Is it possible, that in your mom's case, she is healthy? Not all fat people are unhealthy, although of course, how could anyone not know since we are told 100 times every day, they are at greater risk of certain health problems. Thin people get sick too!