View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 16:39

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

"Ms. BawdyFlex." I love it!

Unfortunately, I didn't quite get to my lower-body workout today. That is, other than the hours I spent walking around Kittery (the outlet store mecca) all day in high heels. Fashion comes first, ladies, comfort second!

Halfway through I had to call a time out and buy a hat. It was sooooooo windy there, my hair looked a fright! Lots of hair product combined with high winds is not a pretty sight. (I feel an "Orang special" coming on!)

CityGirl, I love Body for Life! You definitely can do it with low-carb. From experience, though, I can give you a little advice. Don't listen to others who say you have to up your carbs by eating whole-grain breads, brown rice, and oatmeal. Those folks must own stock in Quaker Oats because they push oatmeal like it's going out of style. I followed their advice, and it was the catalyst that started my downward (or should I say "upward") spiral.

If you do BFL workouts (and I highly recommend them), be sure to get adequate protein and then some. If you add carbs, be sure they're vegetable or dairy carbs (like from yogurt and cottage cheese). Grain carbs, at least for me, were the kiss of death.

Also, be sure to take your potassium (2 in the am and 2 in the pm), magnesium (1 am and pm), and a multi-vitamin. A lot of people say you should have equal amounts of magnesium and calcium, which I have read is true. I figure that with the light cream, cottage cheese, and yogurt I eat every day, I don't need to supplement with calcium.

Anyway, I don't believe you need as much calcium as is currently recommended. In one of the PP books (don't ask me which one), it cites the rate of osteoporosis in American women and in Chinese women. American women typically get loads of calcium in the diet, usually from supplements. We still have high rates of osteoporosis. Chinese women, on the other hand, don't take supplements and don't eat foods that are rich in calium. Nevertheless, it is rare to find osteoporosis in Chinese women. Hmmmmmm.

Menu was pretty sorry today. 2 slices of LC toast with butter for breakfast, Wendy's spicy chicken combo for lunch.

But I did get an awesome purple top, an ivory top, a suede overshirt, slippers, a copper top (no, not a battery), and a beautiful white-ish sweater with a touch of sparkle. And half boots. And slippers for DH. And a desk lamp for DH.

That's it. See you all tomorrow. Or maybe later tonight. We'll see.