View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 14:08
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I have an entire book that is malitol recipes. I bet you could use it with xilitol though. The book is called "101 Low-Carb & Sugar Free Dessert Recipes."

I havn't used it because I try to avoid sugar alcohols, but if you bake with them and have no problem you may want to give it a look.

You can't buy liquid splenda in the US. What you can buy is a very mildly flavored syrup (mild vanilla) which is basicaly liquid splenda. They added the flavoring to avoid lawsuits, but from what the site says it doesn't effect baking. Do a search through old posts on here using the search function to get the web address and learn more.

My current favorite sweetner is stevia. It takes a while to learn how to use it, and you have to be extreamly careful. Just a tad too much and you get a nasty taste. It's an herb though, and a little goes a long way. 1/3 tsp = 1 cup sugar. It has a mild taste, but I found the taste addicting after a while. No ill effects like can come with sugar alcohols, and if you get a pure extract, no carby filelrs like with splenda (stevia mixed with carby filelrs is also available if you must :P )