View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 17:05

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi, CityGirl! Welcome to the group!!!!! We love new faces and new stories. Jump right in and tell us all about you. How long you've been at it, what you've been doing, what's working (what's not), etc. Feel free to ask any questions you like. We have a range of tweaking going on here. Mostly we all follow PP guidelines, but with a little tweak here, and a little tweak there, here a tweak, there a tweak, everywhere a tweak tweak!

So who's going to buy that book on the Calcium diet? Anyone know anything about it? I'm certainly not ready to move to anything else (since PP is the most common-sense plan out there), but I'm always open to new ideas. Ok, well maybe not the "blood type" diet.

Menu was good today. Two slice of LC toast (4 carbs per slice) with butter and SF peanut butter for breakfast. I know that sounds like excessive fat, but I simply can't eat peanut butter alone on bread.

Mid-morning snack was a 6 ounce non-fat plain yogurt with Splenda.

Lunch was 4 ounces white meat chicken and 2 cups of the broccoli/cauliflower salad. And it's all gone! I made it Sunday morning from an entire head of cauliflower and an entire head of broccoli. And it's gone!

Snack was half a piece of black birthday cake (co-worker's 40th birthday). It turned everyone's teeth, lips, and tongues black. We were laughing so hard half of us were crying!

Another snack was 1/2 cup full-fat cottage cheese.

Dinner will be 4 ounces of pork cutlet and a veggie of some kind. Are there really veggies other than broccoli and cauliflower?

Oh, and an Irish whiskey. (What's new? )

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off. I really have nothing to do, so I think I'll take a play day and go down to Kittery -- a big outlet town. I need some new sweaters and tops to wear to work. I don't want to buy any slacks or skirts or jackets just yet. I'm on my way down again, and no sense in wasting any money. Tops should fit fine as long as I don't get them too big.

Anyone else have trouble gauging size anymore? I bought a sweater a couple months ago in a Large. I was tired and didn't want to try it on. I held it up and figured it probably ok -- might be tight, but hey, I'll fit into it soon.

When I got home I tried it on, and I was literally swimming in it! I'm finding I can't trust my eyes anymore with clothing.

I'm starting to think about our end-of-February trip to Florida. I still have 10 pounds to lose. Or at least tone up to where I look like I've lost 10 pounds. That shouldn't be too difficult with the Bowflex. Have I mentioned that I LOVE my Bowflex? I'm feeling tighter already.

If any of you haven't tried weight lifting, I urge you to try it. Even after the first couple of workouts, you start standing up straighter, holding your gut in, and just struttin' around!

Well, this is getting a little long. I'll check in one more time before nighty-night.

CityGirl, still want to be part of our group?