View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 16:54

Plan: Atkins, KISS
Stats: 235/200/183 Male 6' 1
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Waist Size

Thanks for the welcome coolazchic. I'll be watching your progress!

LilaCotton, looks like your whole group is having great success. Looking at the pounds lost there is impressive. Even more impressive is the before and after waist size. This is where it really hit home for me. In another life my waist was 32". I had been overseas for a few years where I put on weight. When I got back my mother brought a pair of pants around that she had found (Only a Mother would keep these.) Just looking at them brought it home for me. When you look at what you used to get into and can't even fit one leg into it's hard to believe you were that person.

In some ways waist size is a better guage of progress than weight. Clearly you can kid yourself if you want to, but there's no doubting the discomfort you feel when you start to outgrow your clothes and your wearable wardrobe shrinks. Being able to fit into the seven beautiful suits I have but have not been able to fit into for years is one of my goals. I distintly recall the first time I put one on at the tailor, thinking, 'This is too baggy, take it it', and the tailor telling me that I needed a little room for comfort and that it would be fine. Well, there's a big gap between both sides of the zipper now. How did this happen??? (I know exactly how. Years of overindulgence).

Just one waist size will be a big victory I think.