Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 18:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiM
Hi June!

I'm curious about this, do you know where I can find more information? From what I understand, all sweet tastes (and scents) will spike a tiny insulin response, but when the saliva doesn't register carbs to break down, that metabolic process is shut off.

And if our body can't distinguish between nutra-sweet and sugar, how's it going to react to Splenda that's made from sugar? I'm so confused.

I believe that aspartame is way down there on the list of 'good things', but there's an awful lot of dis-information out there. If you've got an idea of where I could find more about this effect, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't. It was a radio program I heard about 5 yrs. ago. I've been off the diet coke (other than an occasional alcoholic beverage mixed with it) ever since then. I was on WW at the time and figured anything I could do to help eliminate cravings was worth a try.

I do also remember Richard Simmons being on the Tonight show around the same time and he had lost some weight and he said that the only change he had made was eliminating diet soda.