View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 11:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/246.4/171 Female 1.76cm/5.9
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default well... about that...

When I lived on my own my dad lived at home with me and also my son... my father quited smoking after 35 years, due to his gastroenterologist (?) advice. It was so hard for him I was just not going to smoke under his nose, or even bother my son with my addiction. So, I smoked only in my bedroom... and yes, sometimes it looked like a crowdy bar, really awful. What an addiction does to us!!!

Anyway, I remember how much I hated my brother coming to my house, we were having a BBQ at the garden and I was at the terrace having a cigarette... and my brother started bothering with the "you shouldn't smoke, it's not healthy, smells awful and blablabla"... yeah right, as if I didn't know!!! but someone telling me that on my own house, that's annoying. I didn't smoke at his place for respect and he didn't allow me to smoke in my own garden! well, remembering that I am just not able to tell my DH to stop smoking and bothering him with my new lifestyle, I should but I remember how I took those comments while I was a smoker... and how much annoyed me to think that I wasn't able to do what I wanted on my own place. I have to respect that and he has to keep the windows open and don't mind me to be blowing away his smoke.

DH is really amazed on how easy I stopped smoking, he would never even try. I met him smoking, I fell in love of him being a smoker... I have to live with that now and respect his decision.