View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 10:14
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 169/132/140 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 128%

I got frustrated too and almost went completely off the diet in the evenings because I couldn't keep up the cost of making 2 meals at dinner.
I started looking at ads for my local grocery stores online to see where I could go to get good deals. I sometimes had to travel to 3 stores but a savings of over $50 was worth it.
This morning I tried the "Mock Danish" recipe for the first time and can honestly say I loved it. It takes away from the egg taste and can be made very cheaply.
If you buy 1 8oz tub of cream cheese and a dozen eggs you can have a breakfast breaking away from all the egg taste. I figure just for breakfast this way I can make them for under $.50 a piece (I use Splenda and cinnamon with a dash of vanilla). Just one dozen eggs, 1 8oz tub of cream cheese and additions to taste, will last me an entire week.
I also find the deli meat in the luncheon meat section relatively cheap and there is always one brand on sale. This gives you up to 12 slices .. the serving size is 6 slices but I normally only use 2 or 3.
It takes a little planning but there are cheap ways to do the diet with dilligence. <<< btw I am a single parent to 4 so I know how to be frugal as well, took a few years of practice. You hang in there and remain strong, you will be fine.