View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 16:15

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Cereal, for example, is a processed food that is rich in nutrients, boasting about three grams of fiber in a serving.

3 whole grams, huh? Let's see...in order to get in your RDA for fiber (about 25 grams per day), you'd need more than 8 servings of that cereal. Got milk?
Also, at an average of 25 grams of carb per serving, that's 200 grams of carb just from the cereal alone (highly processed and insulin spiking, I might add).
Wonder what they'd think of my routine hot breakfast cereal? 12 grams of carb total of which 9 are fiber PLUS omega 3 fattty acids. Now that's a high fiber cereal!

Quote:
First off, it's never a good idea to eliminate all carbs from your diet.

Helooooo!!! It's LOW carb, not NO carb. *sigh* Yet another yo-yo who hasn't bother to pick up a book on low carb and actually read the whole thing before giving an opinion.

Who says I can't have fun at a holiday party? Bring on the shrimp, cheese balls, meat and cheese tray and veggie platters with ranch or bleu cheese dip. Just hold the crackers. I might even *gasp* have a glass of wine or two! Besides being able to enjoy a lot of great holiday food, I don't get to go home bloated and wake up hungover the next morning! Gosh...I'm really missing out here!