#6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 10:56
There and Back Again

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/194.4/140 Female 5'3"
BF:42%/42%/20%
Progress: 9%
Default TGI Fridays - the details

My husband and I used to buy their frozen chicken wings because they were very low carb. However, I didn't know if you guys noticed that they now double-glaze the chicken wings and have upped the net carbs on these usually very low carb items. One certainly has to watch serving size.

A lot of the stuff on their menu may not be suitable for induction.

Anyway, I went to the TGI Fridays website:

http://www.tgifridays.com/main_nonflash.html

And they are advertising the new Atkins-approved menu.

Here are the details:

At T.G.I. Friday’s®, we believe that everyone should enjoy fun times and have a lot of food choices. That’s why we’ve created a menu full of sharable appetizers and tasty entrées that are great for people who are following a low-carb lifestyle.

We’ve even partnered with Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. to ensure that the items below meet the criteria of the Atkins Nutritional Approach™.

Tuscan Spinach Dip

(Atkins Net Carbs: 17)- Parmesan and Romano cheeses blended with spinach, artichokes, sautéed onions and peppers. Served with fresh vegetables, because tortilla chips are a no-no. Share it and split the carbs.

Buffalo Wings

(Atkins Net Carbs: 5)- With Bleu Cheese dressing and celery sticks. Now, every day can taste like game day without leaving you looking like a lineman.

Sizzling NY Strip with Bleu Cheese

(Atkins Net Carbs: 6) - With a side of broccoli, you’ll wonder what you ever saw in French fries.

Cheeseburger Cheeseburger

(Atkins Net Carbs: 6)- Two Friday’s® Natural Angus burgers, topped with melted American cheese. Do your best to pass on the ketchup, and we’ll be sure to keep the bun in the kitchen.

Sizzling Chicken with Broccoli

(Atkins Net Carbs: 17)- Served over onions and peppers with melted American and Mexican cheeses. Please refrain from doing the chicken dance when ordering. (Cut 5 carbs by skipping the peppers and onions.)

Garlic Chicken with Mixed Vegetables

(Atkins Net Carbs: 7)- Served with a mix of sautéed Roma tomatoes, red peppers, zucchini and squash. A garlic lover’s dream.

Chargrilled Salmon Fillet

(Atkins Net Carbs: 6) - Topped with capers and served with a tangy lemon sauce. See, there is more to life than just bread.

Tuna Salad Wraps

(Atkins Net Carbs: 14) - White Albacore with water chestnuts and a touch of wasabi. Even without the extra carbs,this salad is quite a catch. (Cut 4 carbs by skipping the pineapple.)

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

(Atkins Net Carbs: 9) - Chargrilled chicken on crisp Romaine, tossed with Caesar dressing and topped with Parmesan cheese. Hail, Caesar!

*Due to food preparation, carb counts may vary slightly.

The Atkins Nutritional Approach™, created by Robert C. Atkins, M.D., is the world's #1 weight-control program. The concept is simple: by controlling the amount of carbohydrates you consume, you burn primarily fat for energy. This not only helps you lose weight, but reduces risk factors associated with serious diseases, including diabetes and cardiovascular disease. (Let's be honest, this really means you can eat more of the food you love, including all the tasty items found on this menu - hint, hint.)