View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 19:03

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I frankly don't have the time to add it up, I dare say the nutritional value would equal that of the dinner you mentioned.

More than likely, but your nutritional data would be for two meals and mine was for one which would fit easily into a daily meal plan with a max of 30 grams of carb per day.

Care to guess what would happen if I throw in a breakfast of flax and wheat bran cereal with 1/2 cup berries and 1/4 cup cream and a lunch of Spinach salad with tuna, chopped egg, tomatoes and parmesan cheese?

Something else I should mention is it's generally though that those with thyroid problems should avoid soy products.

I'm not arguing that some of the Atkins brand products aren't more nutritious than their high carb counterparts, only that they are expensive and the average person who doesn't have 6 bucks to spend on a box of macaroni and cheese can get as good (and probably better) nutrition skipping the high priced boxed mixes and going for the whole foods instead. 6 bucks for 69 grams of (IMHO) not so good tasting soy protein and some powdered cheese (PLUS you still have to add your own cream and butter) seems pretty outrageous to me; I could feed my whole family of 4 dinner for that and probably have leftovers for lunch the next day. I also have yet to find a soy pasta that didn't turn my stomach. Good thing I don't miss pasta!