View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 14:13
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You get heavy whipping cream, then whip the heck out of it. Unless you have great wrist strength, use an electric mixer and whip until peaks form. Add a little sweetner if you must. Chilling the bowl and beaters before hand will make it whip easier. Make sure both the bowl and beaters are super clean and free of any oils (that may be more important on egg whites then cream) Also if you have a copper bowl to use that helps with the whipping as well.

Definetly get the diet swiss miss. The sugar free is still higher carb. Both are splenda sweetened. The Diet comes in a pink box. The first ingredient on both kinds is milk powder, so if you are sensative to dairy, procede with caution. What I like to do is add some DaVincci toasted marshmallow flavored syrup.

While the Diet Swiss miss is LC, it is still a sweeter item. Remember to use in moderation. You need to get your tastebuds retrained to not want sweets all the time.

Warm drink ideas can include warm soy slender (1 net carb for 8 oz), herbal teas, coffee. I just bought myself a cappachino machine and have been making soy lattes with soy slender. Very addicting.

For cold drinks there is Diet Rite, Fruit20, Seltzer water mixed with flavored syrups, and so on. There is a nice juice like drink that EAS puts out that is high in protien and low in carbs.

Rememebr htough you still have to drink your water. Substatuting old habits with new ones labled LC won't help you to learn good eating habits. On any food limit your portions and eat sensably.