View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 14:01
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Ok, I take coconut oil by the spoonfull. I use it in cooking, mix it in desserts and generally love the stuff. But the idea of putting it into tea just made my stomach turn :P ick

It's like someone suggested a while back of putting butter in tea to make a hot buttered rum tasting drink. It did not work, tasted nasty, and made me half ill for the rest of the night. *shudder*

The antibiotics ar eprobably for the secondary infection. They would have no effect on flu or cold as those are virus not bacterial. They are having problems with all the new antibiotic resistant strains of certain things because for a while antibiotics were so over perscribed they strengthened the bugs.

In Colorado the flu is really bad. I've heard of at least 4 child deaths, ranging from an 18 month old to an 11 year old. It's moving north to here, which isn't suprising as much going back and forth as there is across the border. I called the doctor about flu shots for the kids, but was told unelss they have asthme, diabetis, or cronic heart conditions there was no way to get the shots. High risk children are put on a list and healthy ones are considered able to handle it. There is a nation wide shortage of the vaccanine is the problem.

I think all my supplimenting and eating veggies has paid off. That or I just don't have time to be sick atm and it will hit me like a ton of bricks out of no where soon.