View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 07:41
Rasputin

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Along the lines of garlic is "oil of oregano" (e.g., effective not pleasant - lol).

You should be able to find it at your health food stores. A drop under your tongue. DO NOT OVER DO IT! And do not get it up your nose! lol Strong irritant. Speak to someone in the shop about it re: concentration levels etc.

My mom who is an asthmatic and prone to bronchitis finds this really very helpful.

Here is a wee bit of info I have saved on my HDD re: oil of oregano. When I find the source again, I will give credit to the author! Apologies to the author in the mean time!

Oregano is one of the most effective Oils known, and can be used to aid the body in responding to all kinds of infections. It is widely considered to aid in the body's ability to address a number of serious health conditions and research into the uses of Oregano Oil continues to yield new and more powerful benefits. It stimulates the stomach and appetite, treats hiccups and helps the functioning of the stomach in cases of dyspepsia. Oregano Oil also has found almost miraculous uses in the strengthening of the respiratory system as well.

It is also a general support and strengthener of the immune system, which is responsible for helping the body avoid coming down with any illness. It can greatly aid someone who is often sick or who feels continually tired. Topically on the skin, Oregano Oil in very low dilution helps the body respond to a wide variety of conditions and common skin problems. It can help relieve menstrual irregularities in a Massage, or when used in a Bath treatment. It has also been used in Massage Blends for soothing the joints.

Feel better!