View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 05:16

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Hi Kaohi and welcome to the site. If you haven't had a chance to read the book yet and your friend hasn't had an opportunity to loan you theirs, then follow this link and read things that will really help you.

http://atkins.com/howto/phase1.html

You can have beef, fish, poultry, and pork along with at least three cups of veggies every day. There are a lot of veggies to choose from and some fruits like avacadoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. You also need to get some fat in your menu. Olive oil, sesame oil, grape seed oil, real butter (no margarine because of transfats), cheese (limit to 3 to 4 ounces per day and no cottage cheese, farmers cheese or other fresh cheeses), eggs, real mayonnaise, etc. Watch the commercial dressings since a lot of them have lots and lots of sugar in them, so read the label and choose one that has no more than 2 carbs per serving. Most of your 20 carbs per day should be coming from veggies.

Another thing that will help you on your way is to go to www.fitday.com and open a free account to track your progress. You can log in your daily food, exercise, goals, nutrients and so on. Wonderful site and very helpful.

There is a lot of variety in Atkins and I find myself experimenting with veggies I've never eaten before. And I also find myself eating more veggies than I have EVER eaten before and we always had a huge garden.

Atkins does state 2 cups of salad veggies + 1 cup of other veggies from his two induction lists, but a lot of us eat WAY more than 2 cups of salad per day - the salad greens are so low in carbs that it takes a BUNCH of salad to make up 20 carbs.

Good luck and keep asking questions. There's always someone around willing to answer them and help you on the way.

shortstuff