Thread: Depression
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 00:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/122/115 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Although I didn't need to lose a lot of weight, I started Atkins a few months ago. I did so because I had heard that it could help with depression. I had gotten so bad that I didn't care if the bills got paid (the money was in the bank, but I didn't pay the bills), I wasn't interested in playing with my kids, and we were considering hiring a babysitter even though I don't work. I was diagnosed with severe depression over 2 years ago, which became worse when I had my son. I would like to encourage you by telling you that I have been off all of my depression medication for 2 months now. If you've seen the depression commercials with the little guy that looks like a tomato to me (I think it is a Zoloft commercial), you know that he gets all happy at the end. That is now how my life is. I play with the kids, enjoy cooking again (LC of course), and our bills are getting paid again (thank goodness). I even keep the house mostly clean, which is a major improvement. I will admit that there are some evenings that I have some mild depression. It is usually around my PMS time. But there is no way I will ever go back to my old WOE. I even have a sex life with my husband, which we had both given up on. I encourage you to try it, as I had given up on life and the hope of ever being happy again. Induction was hard for me, but once I got past it, I was fine. Good luck, and I wish you all the best in whatever you decide!