#20   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 20:54
blah

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi there;

I would like to tell you how I am doing it. I started Atkins last Janruary right after x-mas. I was so scared to start before so I told myself it was o.k to start after. I made a few very tough descisions. I made a resolution that I would no longer let anyone but me control what I ate. I would not eat if they made me happy, sad, glad or mad.I let other people dictate to me and control me and it wasn't happening another day. I was in control of my eating for the first time in my life. I felt very powerful. Next, I told myself that I was not going to stay on this program for the rest of my life if I couldn't be happy doing it,so therefore I made a committment to learn new recipes and adaptatios. This has been great. Finally I am not going to give up resaraunt eating so I had to learn what was acceptable. Finally on of the biggest things I did and maybe the best was stopped weighing in my home. I joined a group of friends and we weigh every Tuesday night. I do not get on a scale at any other time. I feel this alone has set me free.
It has been 1 year and 70 pounds later and I still am as committed as I was a year ago. I have made a descion to take 3 weeks off the program for Christmas and then resume on Jan 6. No guilt. I made a self-controlled descision.
I will continue to check this post and see how things are.

Neen