View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 14:19

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

It seems from the article above that Dr. Atkins was never really all that involved in Atkins Nutritionals to begin with and I remember seeing recently that the company was sold to another large conglomerate or that they merged at least.
I have to agree, though, that it seems on the surface as though they are giving in to corporate greed and profits as motives rather than the health of those that buy their products, although I have to admit that at least their ingredients (so far) are far healthier than most other companies producing low carb products are offering (ie, no transfats) and at least many of them are vitamin fortified making them a little better than just empty calories.
Having said all that, I still don't plan to live this way eating mostly processed frankenfoods when I can get a lot more for my buck by sticking with meats, veggies and other unprocessed offerings. While it's more convenient to buy a lot of pre-packaged, processed foods, it's also a lot more expensive and most of those products don't taste nearly as good as the meals that I can come up with using meats, veggies, cream, butter and seasonings.