View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 09:45

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Maybe she wasn't really listening. It would have made more sense to say you should be on OWL until 10 lbs from goal, then you should switch to pre-maintenance. Maybe she was Christmas shopping in her head. I was doing that at a meeting on Tuesday and ended up not having a clue what my boss was talking about when she asked me something.

Sorry about your slow loss. I actually lost better this summer when I upped my carbs (35-40 a day) and fat. The weeks when it was really hot I didn't eat as many carbs (lots of salads though) or fat and I barely lost at all. When I ate my turnip hashbrowns, had sauteed mushrooms (ummm butter) and lots of whipped cream, the weight came off (1 - 2 lbs a week). Not sure if it was the increased fat or the increased carbs. They go hand in hand when I eat. Drinking more water always helps me, especially from gaining when I overindulge and get my carbs up where they shouldn't be. Are you carrying a bottle with you? I now carry at least two seltzer waters with me so I always have a spare handy. I know some plans say seltzer doesn't count as water but I'm downing 5 bottles a day and my body seems to recognise that I'm just giving it plain water with some added carbonation.

Good luck and hang in there.