View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 14:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/260/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Unhappy Looks like I'm on hiatus for a bit

My daughter was just diagnosed with Scarlet Fever today (it's a severe form of Strep). The doctor checked my other daughter and she was fine, at least for now. He asked how I was feeling, and I admitted to having a sore throat and not feeling so great - he took a look and googlie mooglie my throat was covered with blood and pus! and I had a fever of 102 and I also tested positive for Strep.

We are both on Antiobiotics and bed rest for a bit (yeah, bed rest with 2 kids!! )

Unfortunately after stopping at 3 different stores I cannot find any throat lozingers I can have that are LC friendly - they all have aspartame (which gives me migraines). So it looks like I'm on a little bit of a hiatus for the next couple of days. I was hoping that I could gargle with salt water, but the pain is just too intense.

Anyone by chance know of throat lozingers that are made with Splenda? I really hate to get extra carbs for something like that - but I'm dying right now without something. The only plus is I can't really swallow, so I don't have to worry about eating - then again, I have no apetite anyway. But the doctor reccomended lots of juice. ARRGH!

Sorry for the downer - I'm just bummed after things going so well I'm going to be set back by throat lozengers and juice! Can anyone think of any substitutes?

Thanks!
Jaya
Sponsored Links