#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 11:00
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default Work -the final frontier

When I began working at my job in 2000 I noticed that although my weight didn't increase, my stomach had a permanently bloated look. Then I began having heart problems: palpitations, tachycardia. I went on betablockers for 2 years and gained weight like crazy. Finally I changed doctors and found out I get lowblood sugar when I eat carbs. When I cut out the sugar I no longer needed the betablockers.

My company, a biotech, prides itself on being the chocolate company we have huge glass candy jars all over on the xerox machines hallways etc.We also have Chinese, Mexican, and pizza and donuts and bagels put out everyday and chips in the afternoon. I have been fuming about the junkfood for a long time and finally told human resources my complaint last week. The only response I got is that hypoglycemia is something you're born with and the food you eat has no bearing on this. 5 other women that sit by me have been diagnosed with hypoglycemia, 2 diabetics and we had 2 heart attacks last year. Our company has 120 employees most between the ages of 25-45.

What do you think? Is it totally genetic and these health problems would have been there anyway? Or do you think it doesn't matter as we are all responsible for the food choices we make?
Sponsored Links