View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 15:46
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I ate them at first. After doing a clean induciton I found the taste of any of those bars to be nasty.

The actual carb count is much higher. They subtract glycerine and sugar alcohols. For some people thier body only reacts like there is 2 carbs there, others react to the full amount.

A few people say they eat LC bars often and have no problem. The majority I see on here though say they get stalled if they eat them for more then an occasional treat.

I still kepe some around. I like the Atkins Morning Start bars, they are also the lowest in calories. I save them for itmes we are shopping at the mall, or other situations where I know good choices may not be available (long plane or car rides) I also used to carry on for times when everyone else was having chocolate cake and I would feel deprived. I found after doing this WOE for a while though without franken foods, that I never feel deprived.

I tried 1 bite of a free sample chocolate cheesecake torte at the store one day. It was curiosity more then a craving (that gets me into trouble more then anything in life ) I found that it was over poweringly nastily sweet with a gross after taste. Now when I'm tempted by anything I remind myself I can make it at home, and unlike the LC versions of it on the market, I can make mine free of sugar alcohols, preservatives, and chemicals