View Single Post
  #184   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 20:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Amiee & Sara,

It sure was getting pretty lonely out here, both of you have been communicating but this thread isn't what it was like before and right after Thanksgiving. Wonder where everyone went.

I'm still cheat free, but just a slight snag. I think my body is tired of KISS, I have had a problem with constipation for the past couple of days. Even though I eat plenty of veggies and drink tons of water I think my body misses fat. Also, I have been drinking decaf tea in the morning (I drink tea straight), when I am not KISSing I usually drink Folger's decaf coffee but I have to put either cream or half & half in it, so while doing KISS I do decaf tea. For some reason the coffee works better for me as far as getting my system cleaned out before I hit the shower, that is when I weigh myself. This morning I actually showed 130 on the scale. The constipation eased up this afternoon, maybe tomorrow I will be back on track. I am not ready to throw in the towel yet, I am too close to goal.

The flu is hitting pretty hard here, there is now a shortage of the vaccine. DH and I both have had the flu shot but it is not a guarantee that it is for the same strain of flu that is going around. I have been taking a lot better care of myself since I quit smoking almost 4 years ago, 40+ years of being a very heavy smoker did a lot of damage so now I do everything that I can for myself.

Sara, please don't give up, you do so well, and with so many children I praise you for your will power. It is only DH and I in the house, it makes it so much easier for me to do this, DH is not an LCer even though on the weekends I do feed him LC food, what he doesn't know will help him.

We need to stick together in order for this to work, please don't quit Sara!

Amiee, why are you tired from doing nothing? Is there not enough work at your new job to keep you busy? That would drive me goofy, I need to stay busy. I have had jobs in the past where I had to pretend to be busy, that is very difficult.

Sara and Amiee, you both have a wonderful evening, I will post again tomorrow. The new day usually brings new beginnings.

Carol