#10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-01, 11:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Tricky

Hi.

It is not the easiest thing to manage a thyroid condition – over or under-active. I was overactive, eating like a pig, slim as a rake, had an operation 20 years ago and as a result ended up being underactive – they did not remove all of my thyroid gland but removed more than necessary. Gained 3 stone in less than 3 months. Have been taking syn. Thyroxine ever since and weight is a constant battle. I think I preferred being over to this. When I had the operation I didn’t realise that a lot of them go the other way.

I was fortunate that I did lose a good amount during Induction but then it got quite difficult. I found exercise helps a lot. I get very cold and exercise certainly helps with that. Yes sleep is a bit of a problem especially if u r doing a 9-5 job. I sleep for 3 hours very soundly. Trying to force sleep is just a pointless exercise. It is good to have a lifestyle where you can rest for an hour or two during the day as well – employers would probably not like it one bit but it does make all the difference to quality of life.