View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 13:29
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I totally agree with you. One problem is that a lot of new folks see "Atkins" on these products, and then assume they can do the Slim-fast plan with them. It's not entirely their fault: Atkins doesn't do much to discourage their use, for obvious reasons.

To answer your question: lost the weight with them? No. Maintained with them? Yes, but not in abundance. I buy RS sugar free chocolates once in a blue moon. There's no way I'd spend the money on the fake breads, muffins and cereals, though.

You can divide people based on what they're willing to do to get rid of the weight: some are willing to do anything and practically go Atkins KISS right off the bat. Others, however, can't imagine giving up bread, etc, and are desperate for "replacements." Most fall somewhere in between. I think we have to decide for ourselves where the balance point is: where you've cut enough of the junk to be successful, but you have enough enjoyment of your food to feel like you're not a deprived dieter. The price you pay with the frankenfoods is the risk of slowed or stopped weight loss.