Registered Member

Plan: PP/Omega
Stats: 163/123/120 Female 5'4"
BF:no idea/too much
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad
Hiya
Where are your vegetables and salads? A few leaves of spinach is NOT enough! Most of your carbs should be coming from fresh veggies, not from cream cheese.
Do you keep track of what you eat? www.fitday.com is pretty good, though it's a pain to get used to. You need to know your carb counts, and whether you're getting sufficient calories...
Are baken-ets on the allowed list for induction (I have no idea what they are)...

Cheers
Steven

I'm working from Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. He says 3 cups of salad veg., loosely packed, or 2 cups of salad plus 2/3 cup of cooked vegetables in the below 10% (does he mean 10g? God knows.) Cooked spinach is in the latter category, but rather than eating the salad veg., none of which I care for, I substituted raw spinach with my dinner, as near as I could judge 2 cups "loosely packed." Although such are cup measures it could have been anything. I eat this with my 6oz of sirloin or slice of roast pork, or 1/4 chicken for dinner.

Yes, cream cheese is included in the Induction diet; I've been eating 2oz a day at 0.5g per ounce. This, with Baken-ets (also a recommendation of Atkins) is my lunch. Baken-Ets are fried pork skins.

My breakfast until the last 6 days was 2 eggs scrambled with a heapedless than table-spoon of feta cheese (1 oz, actually, at <0.5g). Then I switched to one fried egg with 2 slices of Owen's breakfast sausage (Og carb) and today, because I didn't care for it and wanted to get rid of it, I just ate the last 4 oz of sausage and left out the egg.