#61   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 09:32
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile Good Morning!

I'm pleased to report that I've got partial access to the internet again, so here I am, mid-week!

I've successfully dealt with my foot problems. I'm doing a longer warm up, and have added the alphabet exercises that Kelly suggested. Also, until I get sneakers, I've taken to wearing 3 pair of socks and a pair of crocheted slippers. Looks like I have some unfortunate deformity, but I haven't felt bruised or swollen since doing this, so it's working.

I've been fitting a lot of activity into my life lately, mainly using exercise as a stress reliever. I'll do my official 50 minute cardio workout, then I'll just start the music over again and walk/march with my giant feet in a big figure-eight through the living and dining room. The cats think I'm crazy, girlfriend already knew this, so no biggie.

What is a biggie is being able to be on my feet for 1 hour and 40 minutes. In June I was hard pressed to do my 10 minute walk. I credit these Challenges, because I doubt I'd be urging myself to keep taking that next step all by my lonesome. Especially when things get hard. So thanks again for joining me on this journey!!

Atkins4myW ~ Zoned out three hours on the treadmill??? My goodness, that’s some serious exercise-induced alpha-waves! It strikes me that you are really into a deception free lifestyle. You’re following your LC plan by the book and enjoy the treadmill because you can’t cheat. I admire that a lot. The older I get, the more I feel it's important to choose rules ... and then follow them. Thanks for the information on flax meal, btw. This is my recipe for fiber spice muffins. I’m going to replace the DaVinci’s with chicken stock, sweet spices for savory, and add some veggies. I’ll let you know how it works for me!

Kelly ~ I love those alphabet exercises! Sometimes I do cursive, sometimes caps, but it’s all good. I only do a few minutes worth as a warm up, but I think it will help my feet and ankles. Thanks for the suggestion!

Bjuba ~ Congratulations on that great resting heart rate number! How long did it take to go from 73 to 64? And Woo Hoo! Another 2” gone!

Jessie ~ What did you think of Walk Away the Pounds? Many people love it (I’m one of them), but some folks don’t. Hope you enjoyed it!

Teresa ~ Have you ever thought of getting a pedometer? You could see how those miles pile up when you're traipsing around your campus! Hope your holiday shopping was enjoyable.

Liz ~ I've been hearing about the early snow in your part of the country and thinking about your decision to buy a treadmill. I think it's wise to make a way to exercise indoors - in a way you don't hate. What about some adding some sort of exercise tape / dvd, too? You could break up your at home winter workouts a bit that way.

Marie ~ Congratulations on making those goals and *losing* weight over Thanksgiving!

Crysania ~ Glad to hear you’ve cleared an area of boxes! Hope you are enjoying your office / exercise / entertainment room!

Dianne ~ Welcome! I’m glad you joined the Challenge. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation just packed with activity! I thought about your Extra Credit answer ... At different times in my life, I would have answered the exact same way. Some people are born jocks, but I sure wasn’t. However, I think there is an enjoyment that comes from being proficient in an activity - just like you were saying about your legs hurting at first in Las Vegas; after a few days you felt much better and could keep going for longer. That feeling is addictive as you feel it growing. Hopefully physical activity will be something you really like doing eventually!

GreenEyezz ~ Congratulations on ‘doing a lot more than you usually do’! And best of luck for a great job.

Mary ~ My goodness, I’m sorry to hear about your abduction. Talking about the enemy within! Are you willing to share what that ‘OMG’ experience feels like after lifting to failure? I imagine it’s like the ‘good burn’, but something tells me it’s more intense. (Okay, now I’m imagining you doing one of those crazy Herbal Essence organic shampoo commercials while lifting weights.)

DusterCat ~ I’m so sorry to hear things have been extra stressful for you lately. The fact that you recognize those stressors, however, and how they can derail you, is a positive thing, IMHO. Puts you in that ‘action’ (choice) mode instead of ‘re-action’ (habit). Okay, that was a little psycho-babbly, but do you know what I mean? (PS - I’m sending my best wishes that your toe really heals during these cold months so you’ll be out there walking by the river this springtime!)
Sponsored Links