#14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 07:29
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Sadly, I guess it comes down to the root of all evil...money. If health was really a priority, all these crap filled foods could be made with healthier ingredients.

If health was really a priority people would also work on finding cures to diseases instead of ways to live longer and symptom free for the rest of your life as long as you take a pill or shot a day etc.

If there was something you can take to cure a disease and you only had to do/take it once as opposed to every day for the rest of your life, a lot less money is to be made.

Just blame the liberals lol (from an article in the research area about carb conspiracies)

Eating fat will never be seen as healthy by the mainstream since fat is fat people are fat people dont want to be fat how do you not be fat dont eat fat fat makes people fat mentality.

It fats were called something else then there would be a better shot but as long as people hear the word fat they will automatically associate fat with being fat and it will take a whole lot for people to take it seriously.

Especially with the stigma attached to Atkins where we eat no carbs and veggies are bad for you. Hell I know that before I picked up the book and learned for myself what I knew of atkins was the bacon and eggs diet and you dont eat veggies and I thought that was asinine.

A lot more work will need to be done till LC is ever accepted and I dont think it ever will be the way we would like.

But we shall see.