View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 22:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Very few Vegetables ? Bullshit...In fact, there are only a handfull of vegetables we cannot eat on Induction: Tubers (Potatoes, Parsnips, and Carrots.) Basically, we can't have potatoes and carrots [on induction]...Since 99% of the folks in this country probably couldn't even tell you what a parsnip is, I wouldn't even bother worrying about restricting it. The fact that most Americans think potatoes are the only vegetable out there is not our fault. I think everyone would be better off if they traded their potatoes for spinach, broccoli, romaine lettuce, and other green vegetables...as I did.

I don't even consider Tubers to be vegetables...Unlike the leaves, stems, and stalks which contain lots of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and fiber...the Tuber, or Root is basically nothing more than a sack of starch. It is no more comparable to a vegetable than Liver is to a Steak. Yes, both come from the Plant/Animal, but their nutrient composition is wholly different. A Vegetable has a high percentage of fiber, because it is composed primarily of Cellulose. A Tuber, has a low percentage of fiber, because it is composed primarily of Starch. A steak has a even mix of Fat and Protein with ZERO Carbs, while Liver is mostly Protein, with small amounts of Fat and Carbs. Corn and Rice, the Whole versions of which are allowed in Maintnance, aren't Vegetables, but instead Grains.

As for Fruits, the only fruits are the folks making these claims. Cucumbers, Avocadoes, Olives, Lemons, Limes, Coconuts, and Tomatoes are all Fruits and allowed on Induction. All other fruits are allowed in later stages. No fruit is banned for life...Though, raisins and prunes should probably be avoided due to their super high sugar content. But, raisins and prunes aren't even real fruits...They're simply dried out grapes and plums, which are much lower in carbs ounce for ounce. They're no more a different fruit than a French Frie is a different "Vegetable" than Potato Chips. Bananas, technically aren't even really a fruit...they're a flower. Yet, they are still allowed in small amounts in Maintnance.

And, as for Calcium...that is f'in Bullshit. Cheese is VERY high in Calcium.