#20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 21:17
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
don't personally have the kind of trouble with volatile blood sugar levels between meals that LadyBelle describes below. I get *hungry* if I haven't eaten a solid meal in a while, but it takes a long time (8+ hours) to get to the headache stage, much less the nausea stage. I also don't get the typical post-meal sleepiness associated with a blood sugar spike.

Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like everyone has that problem. I rarely have it now a days with my blood sugar under control.

Before Lc I think I was hyperglacemic. I would wak eup with a blood sugar about 80 (that's fairly normal) but it would drop through out the day. I could get as low as 15-20. I've found that frequent small meals help to balance that out more.

It's also a matter of I feel satisfied after 200-300 calories, but like someoen said above, hungery a few hours later. For me this works. I can't sit down and eat a meal of 500-600 calories managing to finish it and not feel ill after. That's just how my body works. When I was having 3 meals a day at around 300 cals, I wasn't getting enough and my weight loss stalled. By interducing the snacks I usually get enough I don't have a problem. (I still some days have very low cal days, even when I eat massive amounts of food.)

When I was doing BFL I tried for the 6 small meals a day he recomends. I found though that I just don't have time for that. 4-5 with 3 being main meals and the others just snacks seem to be where I'm happiest at. There are also days wher eI'm just starving and eat 7 or so (this usually happens before a godo loss, or getting over a set point.) I think my body just needs the extra energy and reassurance that food will be available for it.

Every one is different and it's important to figure out what's right for you. The only thing I have difficulty beliving is healthy is the people who eat one large meal a day, or who only allow themselves to eat once a week and on that day they have a massive pig out.