View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 20:56
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The 47 is how many calories came from carbs.

1741 isn't low on calories, it's probably just fine. Also You don't have to hit exactly 20 net carbs and 70% fat each day, just get aorund that.

I'm seeing alot of processed foods though. Cut down on the bacon to start. Sausages also have alot of salt and usually sugars. In fitday what is best to do alot of times is to enter foods raw. When fitday sees cooked food it will automatically add margerine or salt (usually both)

I'm also seeing not to many veggies. Remember to have the salad greens (2 cups every day) The spinach is actually in the 1 cup section, but don't start cutting back I'd say. As low as you are on carbs you can use alot more veggies as "fillers" to help you feel satisfied and make meals with more variety. Just use butter, olive oil, or mayo with them to keep fat up. These will also help with the constapation.

4 oz of whip cream is also way more then is allowed on induction. That is 1/2 cup. Limit yourself to only 1-2 table spoons a day. Mixed nuts are also a no no on induction and can carry massive amounts of salt with them. Cheese is also limited to 3oz a day total.

Make sure to read over the allowed food slist carefully. Also read the rules for induction. Both articles can be found on the Atkins web site under "How to Do Atkins".. "Induction".. "Page 2" They allowed foods can be printed off and easily attached to the fridge as a reminder, and as a quick reference when you aren't sure if something is allowed or not.