View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 15:18
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I do the minimeals. I found at 3 meals a day I just couldn't get enough claories in because I would get full fast. Having smaller meals through out the day (I usually have 3 main ones and snacks coming to 4-6 meals) I get my calories in. I also have a constant supply of energy instead of crashes.

If I go too long between meals I have a sever crash that involves nausia, vomiting, weakness, and so on which makes getting food hard. This has gotten much better on LC with my blood sugars under control, but I still have to be careful.

I am also a firm beliver that minimeals or at least snacking helps raise your emtabolism. It seems putting a large amount of food on your stomach at once would cause digestive problems. Also your body would take what it needs and store the rest for later. Better to give it a constant small dose of what it needs so it doesn't feel the need to store and never comes up short

I am also a busy college student with 2 kids though. I know realisticaly it can be hard to have time to eat. Snacks that are easy to grab, or easy to put in pocket help this. It also saves time for other things that need to be done.