View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 13:54

Plan: Old School Atkins
Stats: 000/000/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I personally stick to the 3 meals a day thing.

I've read over and over the eating habits of slim countries, like France and some other European countries, and they certainly don't snack like Americans do. Apparently you don't see people walking down the street stuffing their faces with donuts or doritos or whatever in most of Europe. (I especially try to eat like the French, who are notoriously thin and don't snack in between meals as part of their culture.)

Also, I think that grazing just sets us up to expect food all day. Our ancestors probably didn't have what we consider snacks; I suspect they ate when they got hungry, every 5-6 hours or so. I know that when I'm on Atkins, I do not want to snack at all!

And I get enough fat and protein at every meal that I'm not processing it quickly and I don't feel like I need to eat something for energy every few hours. In induction, I can go as long as 10 hours without feeling hungry. As a restaurant manager, I am constantly on the go for a full 8 hours a day so my metabolism doesn't fall like it did when I had a desk job.