#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 12:41

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 122/109/110 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 108%
Smile 3 meals vs. mini-meals

Hi,

I know many of you out there eat small mini-meals throughout the day instead of having 3 meals. I used to do the same, having 6-7 frequent mini-meals consisting of 200-300 calories each. Lately, I’ve switched over to having just 3 meals a day. I noticed that I had less craving doing this. But now, my lunch is at least 500 calories instead of two smaller portions. (And I finish all of my lunch even though I'm so full )

Which is better you think? Eating a lot at once, or having it divided? If I consume huge amountt of calories at one sitting, does the body store the unused calories away as fat and just ‘forget about them’ and wait for the next meal? Whereas in mini-meals, you pretty much burn off what you eat? How does this all work?

I’ve heard differing stories on which is better, so I’d like to hear what you guys think. A friend of mine doing CAD said that more meals = more insulin surges. But I thought eating smaller meals kept your metabolism boosted. Although, having 3 meals has helped keep my thoughts away from food.

Confused, Rose.
Sponsored Links