#14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 11:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheWooo
Sad really. Diabetics have been brainwashed into believing half-heartedly watching sugar intake and militantly eliminating fat is the way to go.

This is a personal issue for me, since I'm trying to get my father, who's had type II for thirty years, to get with the latest and at least look over Dr. Bernstein's website.

But all he will say is that he follows Mayo clinic guidelines...but I'm not giving up.

Yes, corporations try to max out their profits. Yes, they don't care how they do it most of the time. Yes, flour and sugar are cheaper than meat and non-hydrogenated oils, so that's what corporations wish to push on us.

But to call it a conspiracy is stretching the facts. It's WHAT THEY DO, that's all. And like any other firmly held view, what's good for ME starts to blend into what's good for YOU.

You don't need to go to conspiracy theories to explain the present situation. It's simply this: they made a mistake, and don't want to admit it. So, it's easiest for them to ignore facts, and still think they are right.

And that's what they do.