View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 23:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206.2/196.0/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 15%

I agree that portion size means something different to everybody. You should eat until your satisfied, but not until you're stuffed. My brother-in-law tried Atkins, and he would eat a 12 oz. steak or 2 chicken breasts at every meal in addition to veggies and about 5-8 oz. of cheese per day. He wasn't losing weight and couldn't figure out why. He admitted to me that he walked away from the table feeling like he'd just had a huge meal. Obviously his portion sizes were too big for him. He gave up rather than adjust them.

I usually eat about 6 oz. of protein in a meal. I eat 3 meals a day and 2 small snacks a day. With snacks I probably have 2 oz. of protein. Sometimes it's just 1 oz. of cheese. With veggies I still stick to the 3 cups of salad fixings or 2 cups salad and 1 cup veggies per day. I'm still at induction level carbs, so that many veggies usually satisfies my carb amount. I usually eat one carb bar per day too. They haven't stalled my weight loss, so they're a nice treat for me. I eat about 1600-1800 calories per day (I used fitday to record everything). Obviously I'm eating less than the 10x-12x rule, but I'm totally satisfied at this amount. Occassionally I'll have a day when I eat 2000 calories, but not very often. I've been losing very well following these guidelines for myself.

I hope you can figure out what works best for you!
Take care,
Bonnie